OVERVIEW OF PROJECTS
WIDCO’s objectives are directed by two main aspects of intervention:
- Philanthropic services to target specific communities
- Economic development and business promotion.
- To create awareness in the community through organization of social and cultural groups under feminine leadership and to improve the leadership skills of women.
- Collaborate with other associations to promote better health and social welfare.
- Promote cooperative systems, legitimized through related legislation, with common initiatives to fight against poverty and foster gender equality.
- Implement legally acceptable activities geared toward encouraging and supporting more participation of women in civil society.
WIDCO has been pursuing its economic objectives – eliminating poverty through establishing markets and better inter- and intra-community development of its resources and sustainable sources of energy – by building its commercial infrastructure from the “ground-up,” based on the sociopolitical structure already in place and on a “pyramid” model.
WIDCO has precisely detailed and organized its programs and operations according to this social structure, as a five-step phase of development based on the pyramid model: the village, sub-division, division, the province, and, finally, the national level.. [I don’t think it necessary yet to go into all the structural details and operations of these phases here; but it could definitely be added later as a separate “button” as the details seem more contractual than informational, at this point – should be included perhaps with the flow chart.] (As the editor suggests it is OK) General goals include:
- Preparing budgets, bookkeeping, and annual reports for a cooperative society.
- Technical Assistance concerning management and organizing.
- Collecting products, promoting production of more produce, and developing markets
- Acquiring assistance, information, and financial aid from other organizations.
- Organize seminars to enhance use of modern farming and dissemination of goods.
- Developing sources for micro-financing and the WIDCO Financial Investment Credit Cooperative Society LTD.
- Application of cooperative laws in Cameroon.